After two months of dedicated blogging, I only just realised that I rarely ever say Hello, so today, i’ll start off on a “Hi” note. Get it? Because Hi – high note…
*moves swiftly on with the blog post in fear of getting booed off stage *
I was nominated by Iqra (ramblingsofalazygirl) for the Liebster Award. The nomination sure did come as a heartwarming surprise, thank you Iqra!
Now, I’m sure if someone who is as oblivious to her surroundings in the blogging world as me, has heard of this award, then you have too. You mention the person that has nominated you and answer their questions; then you create eleven more questions of your choice and nominate a few bloggers that you believe deserve the award.
Don’t forget to check out Iqra’s blog.
As much as the award excites me, I cant seem to go about typing this blog post out without it coming across too admin-y.
The questions (my answers):
- WHY DID YOU START THIS BLOG? I needed a space to document my thoughts that extended from paper. I guess, I started this blog so that I would have more room to address my imaginary audience (and to actually hear back from them).
- WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR TALENTS? Ever since my first few days into the part of school that isn’t all about scribbling through colouring books, I learned that at the start of every year, or introductory session – I would be asked about my talents.
The question does no harm but trying to think of an answer made me really anxietal. There’s just something about sitting in a circle at school in your freshly washed uniform waiting to be creased and counting how many people would have to answer before you. Trying to buy – or somehow freeze – time and hoping that when it’s your turn, the circle magically bounces backwards and the pointer picks people anti-clockwise and praying…really praying that you hear the bell for breaktime before you hear the teacher call out your name. I can honestly say that till date – I have found nothing more nerve wracking than having to think of an answer for what my talents are.. Me (looking up from my clammy hands) : “I don’t think I have a talent.”
Teacher: “Oh I am sure you have some hidden talents Rimsha! Well, what are your hobbies?”
Me (even quieter this time): “I don’t…hobbies oh uurm..I read..Reading?”
I didn’t think I had a talent, well at least not one that could be named as easily as everyone elses. I had two left feet, so I could hardly cling to a sport as a talent and I couldn’t paint as neatly as the other girls, or hopscotch without losing my balance. As for today, I guess i could class rambling on and changing the subject ever so slightly to take your attention away from a firm answer as a talent. Maybe?
- IF YOU COULD ONLY HAVE ONE MEAL FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE – WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A magical variation of Willy Wonka’s bubblegum that tastes like a three course meal, except mine would change its flavour to taste and fill your appetite for the dish that you’re thinking of before chewing it.Oh, we’re not allowed to pick fantasy foods? In that case, pizza.
- WHATS YOUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS?
- WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST THAT OTHER PEOPLE DO/DON’T DO?
Manners, or the lack of them!
- ARE YOU A PLANNER, OR ARE YOU SPONTANEOUS?
I try to plan but I tend not to stick to it exactly. I can be spontaneous too. I mean I wanna say both, is there a mid-point? PLANTANEOUS.
- WHAT’S YOUR DREAM JOB?
- WHAT WERE YOUR INTENTIONS WHILST NAMING YOUR BLOG?
Well, I named my blog after my Instagram page.
- IF THE SKY IS THE LIMIT, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO NEXT? (I LOVE THIS QUESTION)
Tea on the moon maybe?
- WHO INSPIRES YOU THE MOST?
I am inspired by anyone who has worked to achieve something beautiful. I am inspired by the questions that push at society.
- FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU –
I love to learn old fashioned words that are not in the modern English dictionary, the type I could probably never use in an actual sentence. I nominate:
My Questions to You:
1. If you could describe your blog in one word/phrase, what would it be?
2. What is the most important thing you have learned through your blogging journey so far?
3. What would be one social media feature that you would use in real life, if you could?
4. A fact and a lie about you, let your readers guess which one is true.
5. What was your favourite childhood story/book?
6. Describe the most daring thing you have ever done…
7. If you could only wear one type of shoes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
8. What motivates you to write/blog?
9. What is your dream destination?
10. Assuming it would be safe to use – what would you change the ocean water to, and why?
11. Are you a morning or a afternoon/evening person?
(if you’re still reading this, I nominate you to answer the questions/the award too!)
The purpose of the award is to get to know other bloggers, and generally a little more about the bloggers you do know.
Thank you for reading
| Instagram |